We are planning the inaugural session of this course for the first week of September 2019 (3rd-6th). It will be a 3.5 day course that will build up on the contents from our R for beginners course. In this course you will learn how to implement these 10 point learning objectives in R.
- To write your own custom functions
- To use for loops, apply functions and if statements
- To analyse large matrices of data in a semi-automated way
- To normalise data
- To quantify and correct batch effect
- To undertake the most common clustering algorithms including k-means and hierarchical
- To perform variable selection and present these results in different plots including heatmaps
- To do 2-way ANOVA
- To undertake multivariate modelling
- A brief introduction to machine learning
The course will include brief theoretical introductions followed by hands on exercises based on real life research examples. Registration will open later on the year. If you would like to be notified please complete this short interest form.